Monday, December 21, 2009

Munich

Hello everyone!

I had a very very rough travel day to Copenhagen on the 18th, but I made it! I had to sleep overnight in the airport because my housing ended the 17th. my flight was scheduled to leave at 6 a.m. but it was snowing like crazy so we sat on the run way for a good half an hour before we took off. Then we had to circle around the Malmo airport for another half and hour before landing. So my hour flight took over two hours. Then i had to get on a bus to go to the central train station in Malmo, a 45 minute ride, to catch a 30 minute train to Copenhagen. I then waited 3 hours for Ryan to come pick me up once his exam ended! But as I said, I made it.

Yesterday we took the train to Munich, it was supposed to take 11 hours but ended up taking 13. It was alright though since we didn't have to transfer, we could just sleep. It was actually pretty cool because the whole train drove onto a ferry to get from Denmark to Copenhagen
! So we got to our hostel really late last night. this morning we took a city tour and stopped for lunch and a beer. we are about to leave to go on a 'beer house crawl'. This will not be the typical pub crawl, we are going to four of Munich's oldest beer houses!

We leave for Geneva tomorrow. I don't know when I will get a chance to write, so if I don't have a chance before Christmas...MERRY CHRISTMAS
!

No comments:

Post a Comment