Monday, September 7, 2009

Monday 9/7/09

I had another great day. Woke up early to workout, which was just OK because I was super dehydrated. Then I came home and made a great breakfast (egg and cheese omelet with grapes and strawberries)and showered. My roommates make fun of me because I always make a full meal whenever I eat. They are all grazers. What can I say, I love cooking and love to eat good food!

Then I wandered out on my own, since I didn't have class today, and went to the National Museum. Its free every first Monday of the month. It was pretty sweet. A lot of really really old things. I saw tools, bowls, jewlery, toys etc from people living in the Czech Republic in 40,000 BC. And there were also examples of how they burried their dead way back then. They laid them in the fetal position with food in front of them and all their possessions and tools around them. So all the skeletions are curled into a ball. The museum had a lot of other things too like a huge precious stone collection and a huge exhibit of every animal you could possibly imagine...all stuffed though of course :/

Then I wandered some more, went to school to print some things out and met my roommates in the park near our school. It was a perfect day to lay out in the park and do nothing!

Then we went to Vysehrad fortress and cemetery. It was again, amazing with another great view of the city and river. It's the furthest south I've been so far. We had to go for a class assignment, which is really cool because it makes you get out into the city and explore places you never knew existed. I'll get pictures up soon. We got ice cream at a cafe there too :)

Then we came home and ate, relaxed, etc and now were heading to the river with wine. The six of us will have a lovely wine picnic outside of Charles Bridge, a very pretty place at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment