Monday, September 14, 2009

Trip to Copenhagen Cont...

Ok so where was I?

So after the Church we went to the Queen's house. Its a big courtyard with four identical buildings on each corner. The Queen lives in one of the houses but the public doesn't know which! There is a great view of the National Opera house and the Royal Church from the center of the square. We also went inside the church, it was very cool.

After the Queens "quarters" we walked along to the Gefion Fountain and Little Mermaid statue, two famous Copenhagen statues. But we got sidetracked along the way because we stumbled across the resistance museum. It was a really really cool museum. It was all about how the Danes resisted the Nazi's in WWII, pretty much the story of Denmark's role in the war. It was small but had tons of information!

Then we went to the fountain and the statue and then the Citadel Fortress. It's this really cool fortress in the shape of a star. There's a moat, huge wall, huge trench and little fortress area. We walked around the top of the wall and it was a really nice fall walk.

Then we made our way over to the King's Garden. Ironically there is no King in Denmark! The gardens were beautiful! Very neat, clean, mostly trees and bushes but some flowers too. It was very romantic as well :)

So basically our days consisted of walking around a ton! It was great! This weekend was the best weekend I've had so far! I really appreciate all the work Ryan put into it!

Today I got back home and Ryan and I spent the ENTIRE day booking the rest of our trips. He is visiting me October 8th and we are going to Vienna the 9-11. Then we will spend the 12 and 13 in Prague and he leaved for Denmark on the 14th.

Then we are going to Amsterdam Nov. 5-9; Berlin Nov. 12-14; and Budapest Nov. 26-29. I am also going to Krakow next weekend (the 25th) and Oktoberfest (in Munich on Oct. 2) with friends from school! AND when Mom and Dad come I'm going to Paris!!!

So lets see, before the semester's even over I will have gone to The Czech Republic, Denmark, Austria, the Netherlands, Germany (2x), Hungry and Poland!

And I still have three weeks to fill after school ends! I love my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment