Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wednesday 9/23/09

Hello everyone!

Sorry its been a while. I've finally been doing some homework! So lets see, I've already written about Grandma and Poppy visiting. Monday went by pretty uneventful. I lazed around for the first time since I've been here! And I did some homework and paper writing.

Yesterday was amazing! It was two of my roommates birthdays (and Kristine's)! Alex turned 20 and Diana turned 22. After class I got Diana a beer and we ate lunch in Old Town Square because we had class together until 2:15. It was a beautiful day! Caroline Mikaela and Sara were decorating the apartment while I was keeping Diana out of the house (Alex was in class). Then we went home, surprised them and ate cake!

Then we headed out to a hockey game! It was Prague vs Pilsen (two Czech teams)and was the greatest game ever. Even though it was so much fun I think I prefer watching Wisconsin because international hockey is much different than back in the States. First of all the sheet is much wider and COVERED in advertisements. I would hate it as a goalie because you can barely see the puck move across the ice! They also don't really hit each other. I don't think it was illegal to check but I think the players just preferred not to. The crowd was awesome though! They never stopped chanting and singing and dancing! I caught on to many of the Czech chants too! It was a great experience.

Then my roommies and I went to a nice Sushi dinner near Old Town and headed out to the Harley Bar (yes as in the motorcycle) where we met up with others that went to the hockey game with us. The bar was really really expensive though so I didn't buy anything. I had to wake up at 8 for class so it all worked out :)

Today I just had class...a lot of class. I sang Czech songs and turned in my "research paper" for my subcultures class. I had to pick two Czech Graffiti writers and compare them for four pages. It will be hard to go back to real school :)

So tomorrow I have my religion class and then I'm going on a bike tour of the city with my Czech class! I'm really excited for that! Then I'm going out to dinner with my Uncle Jimmy who will be in town on a business trip. Then we leave for Poland on Friday! Time is going wayyyy to fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment