Yesterday afternoon turned out to be a lot more fun than I thought it would be! Alex, Mikaela and I went across the river to the area by our school to find a place for brunch. We found this AWESOME bagel place called Bohemia Bagel and ended up eating and talking there for over an hour! It was really nice. Then we went to a bookstore so we could buy some odds and ends we needed for classes. After that we wandered around the Square for a while, popping in and out of shops and eventually made our way toe the grocery store. We had fun deciphering what food was what and many people actually chimed in to help us! Right when we were leaving we met a Canadian named Jeff and he invited us to a put later that night to watch the Czech, Slovak futbol (soccer) game with one of his Czech friends. We met them outside the metro station at 8:00 and headed over to the pub, just one block away. It was so much fun! Beer was 26 crowns and the pub was packed. The czech/Slovak rivalry is huge because, as you know, the two countries once used to be one country called Czechoslovakia.
The czech with us was named Martin and was very into the game. While the two national anthems were playing before the game he explained how the anthem used to be just one song. After the two countries formed their own republics they cut the song in half, giving the more melodic half to the czechs and the more forceful half to the Slovaks because, according to Martin, Czechs are much more laid back and Slovaks are more boisterous. IT was also a huge game because the Czechs had to win to advance to the World Cup.
After three beers and a very fun, exciting game, the game ended 2-2 and the Czechs did not advance :( Martin and the whole bar was devastated! I felt terrible! After we finished our beers I hoped back on the metro and went to bed, getting to bed at a decent hour!
I didn't sleep very well and woke up at 7:00 a.m. I decided to do some reading until 9:00 when my gym opened. I had a really really good long workout came back home, showered and continued reading. I am going to go to brunch when the others wake up and then go to the City of PRague Museum, homework for one of my classes. I plan on ending my day with more reading and laundry but who knows if that will actually happen!
Loving every minute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment